August 27, 2014, 11:55:19 AM

Author Topic: New Weekly Format for Late Models & Modifieds to Start the 2013 Season  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Jason

• Drive Fast, Turn Left
    • Brandt Tuning
Re: New Weekly Format for Late Models & Modifieds to Start the 2013 Season
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:50 AM »
was just looking at farmer city and looks like they plan to use the lock 8 this year too.

"LM and Mods will receive 1 lap for qualifying, top 8 qualifiers will be placed in a dash with a dice roll to determine their starting position in this dash.  These top 8 cars will be automatically in the feature and will start the first 4 rows according to the way they finish their dash."

Offline ev36rayburn

Re: New Weekly Format for Late Models & Modifieds to Start the 2013 Season
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
Some drivers dont like the lock 8, but other than having a chance at a little better starting spot in the feature, id be interested to know why they dont like it. Being locked in is a plus and a bonus for being a good qualifier on that particular evening.  One of the big reasons of going to the lock 8 was to keep like speed cars  with each other in the heat races, which will provide more side by side racing, thus, multigrooved track conditions, which back then, was not happening.  i believe the new format will have the top 2 or 3 cars in the heats pull ahead and leave the rest to race each other, depending on the invert, maybe not but i believe so.  another thing taken away by discontinuing the lock 8 is  a heat race win for many drivers that will now most likely not get an opportunity to do so, or a slimmer chance. its probable that the guys who would be in the lock 8 are going to finish in the top 2 3 in the heats, so, the drivers that might start in the front row or two of a heat race with the lock 8 version(not the fast heat), now will  probably be looking at finishing 3rd or 4th.  these days with competitive cars throughout all the classes, winning a heat or a semi is a big deal for some because no matter what, youve beaten some good cars, especially at FALS. The other tracks around are using or going to the lock 8 format for a reason, because its been proven to work. I can think of other scenerios regarding the changes and some negative results(and some positive too) but too much to type. I just want to ask the race committee to keep an open mind that if the racing isnt as good as it usually is, please change back, lets not lose fans or drivers, and, lets do whatever it takes to keep good racing at FALS. I am hoping that racing is still good and the whole issue is a mute point. my post is not meant to bash or be negative, just express an opinion of a midlevel team that just wants to have a great place to race and have fun on sat nights.  I know the race committee, fairboard, legion members, and everyone at the fairgrounds and speedway work alot of hours on and off the track and I thank you for that and providing everyone with a great place to race.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:49:59 PM by ev36rayburn »