October 21, 2014, 10:06:59 PM

Author Topic: Stop on the track to avoid a spinout get sent to the Back!!!  (Read 2381 times)

Offline racinglassman

Explain the reasoning to this rule to me please. I did all I could do to avoid the first 2 spin outs in front of me..,On the 2nd one they put me to the back because I stopped on the track,and I made no contact..If I wasn't sent the back my car wouldn't be tore up now ,because third time I couldn't avoid it..!!!  That was the worst driving ive ever seen,some people should not be in a racecar!!

Offline Nellie

Re: Stop on the track to avoid a spinout get sent to the Back!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »
I have to say, this rule is not the best idea. It lends itself to dirty racing, torn up cars, and upset drivers. They did it in Kankakee years ago and that's exactly what it was. "Can't stop, gotta get through or I'll get sent to the tail!" There needs to be some discretion used here. Drivers who were not the cause of the caution being punished with the ones who were is the farthest thing from "fair."

Offline cj23

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:49:30 AM »
Yea, when there is an accident at the front of the field on a restart you can't penalize drivers for not wanting to smash through the cars spinning infront of them.

Offline lowside

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
well I like the rule because if you stop on the track you should go to the back sometimes you get the bad end of the deal and sometimes you don't if you race it out eldora and spin out on a start you go to the back just the way the rules are I think Fairbury doing awesome job of scoring last night

Offline cj23

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
It isn't about the car spinning getting their spot back, it is about the car spinning infront of other cars and the cars behind stopping to avoid the wreck rather than clip the car trying to get by/creating another wreck trying to avoid that one, and being put to the back for being safe.

Offline fatfrankie

• fatman love
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
I do agree if you stop to avoid a wreck they should not send you to the rear. Alot of cars are going to gdt tore up with this rule not to mention injurys kudos for the track for putting on a great show

Offline lowside

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
I agree if your not in the wreck you should get your spot back 
in the 2nd street heat the 38 car spun twice & he got his spot back both times
not fair for rest of drivers
fairburyspeedway does a awesome job so we should just be glad we have a place to race

Offline Clubb386

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 06:24:18 PM »
I think the 38 ss was both complete restarts I maybe wrong. On the part of stopping to avoid a wreck I think if you stop and dont make contact you should get ur spot back but if ur a 10 car pile up like in the ss feature and your one of the cars stuck nose to tail you should be sent to the back I think the rule will be great it will stop the people who chop you and take their self out so you go to the back and they get their spots back and go on to win the race which has happened to me a few times!!!!

Offline J_Barnes

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:02:26 PM »
Lowside.. Both restarts not a lap in yet.. complete restart.

Offline momof2

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
All I got to say is if you are in a wreck hold on tight cause someone is going to drive over you to make sure they don't lose their spot ....This is a real touchy rule that doesn't seem to ever work out well .

Offline Jason

• Drive Fast, Turn Left
    • Brandt Tuning
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »
You never lose your spot if you don't cause the wreck.  It's only a problem if you have to check up and it causes you to spin, etc, bringing out the yellow. 

The only other way to handle it, would be to let the officials make the call as to whether the caution came out from someone avoiding an accident, but that opens a whole other can of worms.  The way it is, allows for the minimum number of people getting hosed. 

Offline slidejobu

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
Not true. If you are involved even if you did not cause it you still go to the back. I saw this last weekend one guy spun another guy out and they both were tangled up. The guy that got spun did nothing wrong but still went to the back with the guy that spun him.. that just the way i seen it and understood it in the drivers meeting. i could be wrong..again just my opinion
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:20:02 PM by slidejobu »

Offline Race Director

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
Sorry I have not replied faster, I will try to do better on other questions asked.

With that said, Scott, I am in the process of looking over the tapes from last weeks races.  I did not see the incident on the second yellow, nor was I asked anything about not making contact with another car.  If you did not make contact and spun to avoid another car stopped and you were NOT the one that brought out the yellow, we made a mistake and I will make sure that our officials are on top of making sure who is directly involved in wrecks.  To many times last year, we were pointing fingers at people for bumping or rubbing and always giving guys their spot back.  If you are involved in a wreck, stopped on the track, you will go to the back.  Just like the start of the SS feature, all cars in that accident were sent to the back. 

Now, with that being said, we will give spots back for guys that spin to avoid but do not come into contact with the accident.  If anyone thinks that we want people tearing up their cars, they are mistaking.  The least amount of damaged cars equals more cars on the track weekly, which means more people in the stands.  That is our goal.

I also want to mention from the discussion on this post from other people, that if someone takes out another driver or plays dirty in the eyes of the officials, starter, or race director,  they will join the person in the back that brought out the caution.  We feel in this instance they will think about forcing the issue on many occasions. 

In closing , i thought for the first night with a lot of new people the program when very well and Chad, Randy and the Guys did one heck of a job with getting the track smooth for opening night.  Thanks for all the discussion, look forward to seeing everybody at the speedway for this Saturdays ALMS Late Model Special.

As always, thanks for all the support,

Matt Curl

FALS Race Director

Offline bailiff

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
It is very easy to determine who causes the cautions. If you make contact with another car and that car spins , you caused the caution. If you spin on your own , you caused the caution. Only the driver that causes the caution should be penalized. With the rule of if you stop on the racetrack or you are involved in a wreck trying to avoid the wreck will make drivers plow through wrecks not to stop. There are plenty of people watching the race at all times , just make the call. You know as a driver if you caused the caution or not.

Offline Stonecutter908

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
    First off, great job to the track crew for the opening night we had.
    Secondly, yeah there was a "bad" race but SO WHAT. Not every race can be awesome. Track rules in regards to cautions etc are in print and very easy to understand and seem to be the fairest way to police accidents.
    Thirdly, anybody who thinks or does the following "drivers plow through wrecks not to stop" should not even consider being in a race car or even be allowed in one. To risk injury, damage etc over a race at a dirt track because you didn't want to stop is the most insane thing I've heard.
   Rest assured everything will get better as the season moves on. Combining the first night of racing for many and a very slick track did cause some delays and yellows. Was there contact and rubbing? Yes, that's dirt track racing. Did the the hitter and the hittee have different views of the contact? Yes, that's dirt track racing.
   JMO
   Hope to see everybody at FALS this Saturday doing what we all love to do. Good luck to all!